Saturday, March 23, 2019

Five Films ?






This was a difficult Twitter challenge - and I've given a lot of though since he posted the question. So below are the five titles to introduce someone to my taste in movies:

Persuasion (1995)

The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

Roxanne (1987)

The Guardians (2017)

Good Bye Lenin (2003)


The challenge is movies, so I'm restricting the list above to movies, no TV shows sneaking in there. That would be a different list.

If I only had a choice of five movies to show to someone what kind of movies I like, the above would be my list. 

But I'm going to cheat and include two other categories of movies and try to select five titles in each to introduce someone to my taste in those particular categories of films.


Classic Films:

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

Now, Voyager (1942)

West Side Story (1961)

Wuthering Heights (1939)

Seven Samurai (1954)

When other kids of my generation (baby boomers) were watching cartoons, I was watching what today we call Classic Films.  Before cable TV, and streaming, and the Internet, we had only a few channels we could watch on TV.  And in the late morning and afternoons one or two of these channels would show wonderful classic films with the greatest movie stars in the universe and amazing character actors.  


Fantasy/Science Fiction


The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

The Hobbit:  An Unexpected Journey (2012)

Star Trek II:  The Wrath of Khan (1982)

Star Wars (A New Hope) (1977)

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

I will confess that compared to some fantasy and science fiction fans who are experts in these genres, I fall short.  But I do have my favorites and I'm easily lost in other worlds.  

What are your five films?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...