Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"I don’t think I had fully understood his range as an actor"

Richard Armitage reading Hamlet: A Novel 
by A.J. Hartley and David Hewson


A writer I've gotten to know a bit and like is A.J. Hartley and I have Richard Armitage to thank for that.  His Deborah Miller series is on my list of books to read. 

Hartley was recently interviewed by Buzzymag.com and had some very nice things to say about Richard Armitage:


"...we did a Hamlet, which has just come out, performed by Richard Armitage of The Hobbit.
JMW: Yes, and also the BBC Robin Hood series, I believe.
A. J. Hartley: Yeah, among other things and a show called North and South, which is very good. He’s currently in The Crucible in London, which has received very, very good reviews. He’s a terrific actor and he’s a very popular actor, has a very powerful fan base, because he’s among other things, cute.
JMW: Yeah, well, hey, it’s really important to sell those audio box.
A. J. Hartley: Absolutely, but I don’t think I had fully understood his range as an actor until I heard what he was doing that one, because a voice actor has to do everything, not just narration, but all the different characters and such. He is terrific, wonderful."
If you're interested in the entire interview watch the video below, or read the article by clicking on the link below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...