Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day 2018



Happy Valentine's Day to my two favorite actors


 POEM FOR ANOTHER'S LOVE

You may go and it will not matter, since you remain with me
Like there remains a perfume where a flower has been.
You know that I love you, but I don't say it to you;
And I know that you are mine, without your love being mine.

Life brings us near and Time sunders us apart,
Like Day and Night, at Dawn...
My thirsty heart longs for your clear water,
But it is another's water which I must not drink...

For this reason you can go, because, although I don't follow you
Like a scar you never go away entirely;
And my soul is as a furrow when the wheat is cut
And losing the ear it retains the root.

My love for you is like a river, that seems deeper,
Inexplicably, when the water is gone.
And I am at the edge, watching the bottom,
Since your love and death have an afterlife.

For a love like this, all of life is too little
All of life is too little for a dream like this
Thinking about you, tonight, I will kiss another mouth;
and you will be with another ... but thinking about me!

José Ángel Buesa
English translation by Verlone




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...