Sunday, April 12, 2020

Another Richard Armitage Challenge! Social Distancing Edition #9 and #10








Which show did you think you wouldn't like but did?


Hannibal 

I may have mentioned a few times on this blog that I love mystery series and police procedurals, the darker the better.  But horror is definitely not my favorite genre.  


I've never watched any of the Hannibal Lecter or Red Dragon films, and I was never tempted to even try out the Hannibal series even as a fan of Mads Mikkelsen.  


But when Richard Armitage was cast as Francis Dolarhyde, The Tooth Fairy, mad serial killer, I knew I had to watch.  


In order to prepare for Richard's appearance as Dolarhyde in the last half of Season 3 of the series, I knew I had to at least watch the entire season.  And to my surprise, I liked it and thought it was very artistically done.  


Richard Armitage as Francis Dolarhyde is one of the best performances of his career.  Richard made this monster both horrendously scary and repulsive, especially in the scenes with Raul Esparza as Dr. Chilton, and also sympathetic and even, yes, romantic, in his scenes with Rutina Wesley as Reba. 





Which show did you think you would like but didn't?




Ultimate Force

I have the DVD of Season 2 of this series.  I bought it to watch Richard as Ian Macalwain.  But I also thought that I might watch the rest since there are somewhat similar series, like UK's Red Cap, that I watch and like. 

But after watching Richard as Ian in this series I couldn't watch the rest of it.  What a horrible bunch of human beings make up Red Troop.  And I'm not just saying this because of what happens to Ian Macalwain.  They are a horrible bunch in every way.

Ultimate Force is not for me.


2 comments:

  1. I fully agree with your reaction to "Ultimate Force". I was disappointed by it as well and that the true criminals got away unscathed and lauded for their group loyalty.
    Hannibal I did not have a chance to see yet, but now I am curious.
    I hope all is well with you and send you my best wishes. Stay healthy and safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend. So good to hear from you, and good to know you are well. I'm trying to keep safe at home, and grateful I can work from home and still have a job. Glad we agree on Ultimate Force. Yes, give Hannibal a chance, even if you only watch the episodes with Richard as Dolarhyde. Take care.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...