Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Voices

The second in my series about special voices and how unforgettable some actors are because of it. Below are  a few more examples of this essential of all actor's instrument, and some of my favorites:  Jeremy Irons, Peter O'Toole and Sian Phillips and Gregory Peck.

I fell in love with Jeremy Iron's voice when I first watched "Brideshead Revisited" on American Public Television (PBS).  I still think he has one of the most mesmerizing male voices of all time:




Peter O'Toole, one of my favorite actors of all time and the star of my favorite movie, "Lawrence of Arabia", and  Sian Phillips, wonderful in every role, but especially as Livia in "I, Claudius".   Here the two of them in
" Taming of the Shrew":



There was a time in the movies when handsome men played men of integrity and made us love and admire them for it.  One of the sexiest male voices of all time for me, Gregory Peck, and one of the great movie speeches of all time, in "To Kill a Mockingbird" :



For the previous post on special voices click HERE

2 comments:

  1. Classical voices! Had forgotten Gregory Peck & Peter O'Toole. I agree with you about Jeremy Irons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Summer!

    Thank you for your wonderful comment. Glad it brought back memories of great actors like Gregory Peck and O'Toole.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...