Friday, May 29, 2020

RA Blog Reunion May 29 - I Haven't Gone Anywhere






I've been looking forward to the RA Blog Reunion since it was announced to see who would post and to read all the posts of Armitage Bloggers.

You see that's how I became involved in the Armitage Fandom - All the Blogs! 

I used to be pretty active commenting on the Armitage Blogs at the beginning, at least for someone who is an introvert.  Though contrary to popular opinion, being an introvert doesn't mean we don't like people or don't enjoy socializing in moderation.  But like my fellow introvert Richard Armitage, we do need our alone time and have no problem keeping our own company. 

But I can't claim to be a legacy RA blogger and I haven't moved on to anyone else but Richard Armitage (and Sean Bean) in my fandom posts.  I haven't stopped blogging, though I sometimes take long pauses in between posts.

But I saw my friend and fellow RA fan Fanny mentioned me in her blog today.  So here I am, with my RA Blog Reunion post.

Richard Armitage is still #1 for me.




I've been going through Guylty Pleasure's Armitage Challenge, so if you want to know how I feel about RA you can follow my Challenge 2020 posts at the link below.

http://whiterosewritings.blogspot.com/search/label/Another%20Richard%20Armitage%20Challenge%202020






And his interviews, have I mentioned that I really fell in love with Richard Armitage because of his wonderful interviews. 



Not that I don't have an eye for others in addition to Richard and Sean.  After all I do have the Other Men in My Life on Pinterest!

I just love the infinite variety of being a Richard Armitage fan. From North & South to Castlevania, from a wealth of amazing audiobooks to surprising Wolverine podcasts! 

I do miss The Hobbit days and looking forward every Hobbit year to all the fan events around the world, and attending Hobbit fan events in New York with fellow Armitage fans. And seeing Richard in the flesh! 😊 Those were fantastic and fun years. I'll never forget them.

I was lucky to see Richard on stage in Love, Love, Love and hope that in that not too distant future, when theaters open again, that I'll see him on stage in New York again.  Or maybe, just maybe, in Washington DC, my town.  How about theater in DC Richard? We are also a theater town in the good times.

I also used to make Armitage fan videos, if you can believe it.  Though I'm the Grandma Moses of videos. They are very primitive. I did stop doing so a while back, I don't know why.  But I did enjoy it.



Below is a link if anyone wants to visit my old videos. Once in a while an Armitage fan finds one and posts one of them on Facebook and it always makes me smile.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaOtPSs5eFC37KvHnSwK7zg

I have some very dear and long time online friendships that I've made as a result of being in the Armitage fandom.  I thank Richard Armitage for these friendships and the joy that following him has given me all these years, and continues to give me. 

16 comments:

  1. That’s a great video and I especially love your classic oldie of coffee w RA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe I'll look for it and play the coffee video tomorrow morning. Good memories. Loved reading your blog post today. Going down memory lane with you. Hope we do get a chance to get together and see RA in a play in NY again one day.

      Delete
  2. Believe it or not, I'm an introvert too! (In real life, that is.) I love chatting and keeping in touch with people, but can only do it for a few hours at a time before getting drained. I am more of a homebody in my 30's and just enjoy simple life with my family. Maybe I'm an extroverted introvert? Is that a thing??? Ha!
    *Going to find the coffee video now*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nat - thank you for visiting my blog and reading my blog post. Thank you for your great idea of an RA Blog Reunion. I love SFR and good to have a laugh yesterday. There may be extroverted introverts!

      Delete
  3. So am I an introvert! The Popcorn Taxi event was the first (and only) time I've seen Richard in real life. It was surreal!! We have had RA meetups here in OZ from time to time. Some are period drama fans and others have come to know about him through his more recent work. If we spend a weekend together however, North & South is always played!!
    I too am going to have to find the 'coffee' video!!
    Thanks Fabo - it has been fun to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question? I read in a recent article that if you've never been asked when in a group "why are you so quiet?" then you are not an introvert! LOL Lucky you to see Richard live in the Popcorn Taxi interview. I think it's one of the best interviews he's ever done. I'm still going through everyone's blog posts, but it has been great to catch up.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you decided to join, it's good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good to see you too and fun to read your blog post and catch up.

      Delete
  5. Introverts unite! Separately! In our own homes! ;) Good to see you again, Fabo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you too Traxy! You had some great discussions about RA on your blog. Great to catch up! And yes, I think that would be the only possible introverts reunion!

      Delete
  6. I feel like starting with a massive big apology. You write that you did the Fan Challenge, and yes, I remember that Servetus kindly pointed out to me that you were writing challenge posts. And yet, the cross-platform issue gets me every time. It is really annoying that Blogspot and Wordpress do not connect via readers. I am sure I have missed a lot of quality posts over the years. Ultimately my fault, because all it takes is surfing directly to the blogs in question.
    Anyway, loved reading your thoughts. This Blog Reunion was such a fan idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonja - no problem at all! I'm really enjoying your RA Challenge and still have a few questions to go to finish. You are right, it has been a welcomed distraction for these times. Agree the Blog Reunion was a great idea.

      Delete
  7. Hi Fabo! I'm glad you never left us! I do check in here occasionally. Glad you are still a fan. I am jealous that you have seen him in a play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phylly - I'm so happy to hear you do check in to my blog occasionally. Thank you so much for doing so, I appreciate it. Loved reading your blog Friday and catching up on what you've been doing. And seeing RA in a play was geographic luck as I'm not that far from NYC. Take care.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...