Saturday, January 13, 2018

Audiobook Challenge 2018 - I'll Give it a Try










As an audiobook listener I thought I would give this year's Audiobook Challenge a try.  For a variety of reasons I don't know how far I will get this year, but it gives me an excuse to return to my blog. 

I need something hopeful this year to help distract me from my troubles. Maybe a goal, a challenge, is just the thing. 

I first learned about the Audiobook Challenge through Twitter, and I looked into it more on various blogs.  Finally I decided today to look at the blog at the link below, and copy the rules, regs, and etc.  


https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/2017/12/2018-audiobook-challenge-sign-up.html




2018 Audiobook Challenge


Challenge Details



  • Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at anytime.
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
  • Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
  • ANY genres count.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
  • If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
  • Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2018 and last update in December 15, 2018

Achievement Levels

  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
  • Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
  • Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+



My level is probably somewhere near Stenographer, since I mostly listen to audiobooks when commuting to and from work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...