Friday, April 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Sean Bean - Have a Lovely Day




















As a Sean Bean fan, and a fan of his alter ego Richard Sharpe, I'm so looking forward to The Battle of Waterloo with Sean Bean, a new documentary for the History Channel.

I imagine that filming this documentary brought back some beautiful memories for Sean.

As a Sharpe fan, looking forward to the documentary brings back many memories. There are times when I miss those days very much. Miss the thrill of expecting a new Sharpe series.  I know that dear Sean, like me, remembers those dark days before the Internet, Netflix, or Amazon.  

Since I live in the US I had to be pretty enterprising to watch the show. You see PBS, or my local PBS (Public Television) stations decided to only show a few episodes of the Sharpe series before, without any warning, taking it away. However,  I'll be forever grateful to them for putting me on some Public TV mailing lists, because they brought these catalogs with all sorts of UK TV shows for purchase to my door. (Remember catalogs? They used to come in the snail mail.)  Pretty expensive for me at the time, those VHS tapes. They brought Sharpie back into my life, after being betrayed by my local PBS station. I'm sure Simmerson had something to do with it. 

(Remember those VHS tapes Sean?) 

I still have the entire Sharpe series on VHS, except now I also have the entire Sharpe series, including the most recent episodes, on DVD.  They are very dear to me.

  Still Sharpe


Dear Sean, as you celebrate your birthday today, do you think there's the possibility of one last new episode of Sharpe? There's Sharpe's Devil (the book) which has not been filmed. I'm sure Daragh/Harper is ready for another adventure. And you know we all want Sharpe to reunite with his daughter. 

Is she like her mother Teresa?  






   
Happy Birthday  - Feliz Cumple

Dear Sean 


The Battle of Waterloo with Sean Bean

 http://tvfinternational.com/programme/17/the-battle-of-waterloo-with-sean-bean?trailer=1&

For the 200th anniversary of Waterloo, Sean Bean tells the story of one of history’s bloodiest battles through the eyes of the soldiers who fought it. Working with present-day and retired soldiers as well as experts in military history he stages hands-on challenges and experiments to discover the reality of warfare.






 (Oh Sean, I just heard you will be a granddad in the very near future. That's so wonderful. Hugs my dear.)







Thanks to The Mighty Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...