Thursday, March 26, 2020

Another Richard Armitage Challenge! Social Distancing Edition #4




What's your favorite episode of your favorite show?

What is my favorite show?  

North & South for me is in its own category.  It is my Star 🌟 my Sun🌞.  It is the first time I saw Richard Armitage, the moment I discovered Richard Armitage, and it helped me in one of the darkest moments of my life some years ago, and continues to be a place I go to when I need to seek comfort and solace.

This is all an introduction to say that, putting North & South in a forever #1 in my heart 💖category, my favorite show is:


SPOOKS (MI-5)

My favorite Spooks episode is from Season 8, Episode 4.

Lucas North (Richard Armitage) was in a Russian prison for 8 years and in this episode his prison torturer, Oleg Darshavin (Emil Hostina), shows up in London looking for Lucas, Lucas North.

It's a very emotional episode and great interaction between the two actors, Richard Armitage as Lucas and Emil Hostina as Oleg. There is a love/hate relationship between the two of them.  We also see some of the pain, physical and emotional, that our favorite spy, Lucas, endured for those many years. 

Of course we also have the wonderful MI-5 team working together, both supporting Lucas but also doubting Dashavin, Harry, Ros, Ruth, Tariq, and Lucas. What a wonderful ensemble. I love them all.

Yes, we get also get Lucas' love, Sarah Caulfield (Genevieve O'Reilly).  I'll confess I didn't really want Lucas to rescue her. Really, what were they thinking with this character. Lucas deserved a better love.  But yes also in this episode you know that Lucas should not trust this woman and you know she will break his heart before the end of the season.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...