Saturday, July 11, 2020

Another Book Series You Got Me Into!


All your fault RC Armitage


Another Book Series You Got Me Into

Dr.  Alexander Gregory 

I just finished listening to Bedlam by LJ Ross and narrated by Richard Armitage.

A very good job by Richard Armitage.  He had to do British accents, American accents, a Scottish accent, and create all these different characters in two countries. Also men and women of different ages.  As he has done before, he created an entire acting company with just his voice.  Yet it was subtle enough so that it flows very easily and enjoyably.  

This is not easy to do. I have returned a couple of audibooks because the narrators were over the top in doing the voices of the different characters. Not to mention one that attempted Italian accents that were unintentionally funny and also offensive!  

I never have to worry about that with Richard as the narrator.  

Of course, he was also the perfect protagonist of this book,  Dr. Alexander Gregory.  Very complex character, quite a tragic background, and a man of mystery in many ways. But a good person. Plus a bit of a romantic. 

Richard himself tweeted this book would make a great TV series, and I know there was a chorus on Twitter, and I will add my vote to this, that he would be the perfect Dr. Gregory. 

More about the audiobook Here

Bedlam is the third book of the Dr. Gregory series by LJ Ross.  This is my first book by the author, and now I've added the other two audiobooks of the series (narrated by Hugh Dancy) to my Audible Wish List.  

Why do I blame Richard for starting me on this book series?  Because he's done it before. Not just a series that he has narrated, but others that I've discovered because of him. 

Just from the top of my head:

Jackman & Evans Series by Joy Ellis 
(Narrated by Richard Armitage)

Ruth Galloway Mysteries by Elly Griffiths

Nic Costa Series by David Hewson
__________________

I don't know when I'll get to Book #1 and  #2 of the Dr. Gregory series.  I have the audiobook challenge going on, plus the Armitage audiobooks already on pre-order!!!!!!!!!!  But they are on my list now.  

I do hope Richard continues to narrate the Dr. Gregory books.  

From Sleepwalker





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...