Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Eyes Have It




Yes, I'm playing with videos again.

My parents were great fans of Ella Fitzgerald and I grew up listening to her music. A voice like no other. I still uphold the family tradition and listen to Ella, especially when feeling blue. Listening to her version of the song "Angel Eyes" I thought about how television is such an intimate medium and how great actors use the slightest change in their eyes to convey so much emotion.

Of course when thinking about actors and the "eyes as a window to the soul" I thought of Richard Armitage and Lucas North, the role he played so vividly in the series "Spooks" (MI-5).  Below is my video tribute to Mr. Armitage and his expressive eyes:



Thank you for watching.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful video! I didn't connect your blog with your Youtube account until just now. I sent you a friend invite. :)
    If you have visited my blog you will know that I too am an admirer of RA's eyes.
    I also love Ella Fitzgerald's voice, and I hadn't heard this song before so thank you for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @phylly3 Thank you so much for your lovely comment. Glad you found me on YouTube. I have visited your wonderful blog - glad we agree on RA and also Ella Fitzgerald :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Servetus, thank you for your lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...