Thursday, February 13, 2014

New Jed Brophy Interview with Critics Associated - Armitage, Brophy, and Mortensen in a Western?



I may have mentioned before that one of my favorite dwarves (yes, I have them also Sir Ian) is Nori, especially Nori's human, Jed Brophy. 

He always gives very thoughtful and interesting interviews, and he did again recently for Critics Associated.

One very important thing that Jed and I share is our admiration for this guy called Richard Armitage!!

A few wonderful quotes about RA from JB:

...is there anything you have not tried yet that you would like to have a go at? Perhaps a specific role, or project (filmic or not)?

…make a great Western with Richard Armitage, Bernard Hill and Viggo. That would be fantastic.

What scene in The Hobbit: There and Back Again you most look forward to see on the big screen?

I think the Battle of the five armies and in particular our charge out of the fortress. We had been waiting two years to do that scene and on the morning we filmed Richard Armitage  turned to me and the gleam in his eye said it all. He said to me , “We have been waiting two years to do this and I can see you are ready”. He was so much our king in that single moment. It was like the charge of the Rohirrim in the Return of the King which I was also lucky to be a part of. Just …..well hard to describe, but very emotional.

******

To read the rest of the wonderful interview, including some very interesting information about Nori's weapons, click on the link below:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...