Sunday, June 14, 2020

Another Richard Armitage Challenge 2020! Social Distancing Edition #25







Anything you dislike about the fandom?


I dislike the negativity of fandoms.  

It's not as bad with the Armitage fandom as it was with another fandom I was active in years ago. 

I  also dislike it when there is a constant criticism of the "object of our affection". Why are you a fan if you hate everything he says and does?  

In both fandoms I've been active in, I've also experienced negative interactions with fellow fans when I've tried to join in to conversations, on social media and forums especially.  As a result, usually after an incident of this type, I tend to retreat. Fandom is my escape, why put up with this.  Better to keep one's counsel.

I've also had happy interactions with fellow fans through the years. at fan events and social media. Those I always enjoy.  But I'm very cautious even at these moments and ready to pull back and observe.

I know I can also be difficult to interact with in certain circumstances. Again, I'm very cautious and that probably keeps people at a distance. 

_____

There is the positive side of fandom.

There's nothing like the joy of sharing a fan experience with fellow fans.  

You know that others around the world are enjoying the moment in the same way that you are, and better still, you can all communicate with each other and share the experience. That's a positive side of the Armitage fandom, of fandom in general, and the world of the Internet and social media 

The majority of my experience with the Armitage fandom and my fellow Armitage fans has been positive and I enjoy being part of it all.  





 This post concludes the Richard Armitage 
Distraction Challenge 2020.

Thank you Guylty Pleasure for this challenging DistRAction.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...