Sunday, July 26, 2020

Memories of Olivia de Havilland - RIP July 2020








I grew up watching what today we call Classic Films.  As a little girl I watched Hollywood films from the 30's, 40's, and 50's.  (The 50's were actually not yet considered that vintage at the time!)  These films played every day in the late morning and afternoon.   


My very favorite were the films with Olivia de Havilland and Errol Flynn.  And at the top of the list was Captain Blood.



























For more about the films of Olivia de Havilland and Errol Flynn go HERE

Another of my favorite Olivia de Havilland films is The Heiress




In Gone With the Wind  Melanie Wilkes is the role she's probably best known for.  I always thought Melanie was the strongest, and I always rooted for her over Scarlett. 





Earlier this month Olivia de Havilland celebrated her 104th birthday.  




She will be missed by fans of her wonderful films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...