Saturday, December 26, 2020

Happy Boxing Day - Happy Holidays 2020 Everyone

 


Happy Boxing Day December 26

Happy Holidays Everyone


Now as an American (US), we don't celebrate Boxing Day as they do in the UK and other places.


But I've always thought that we should. So for years I have celebrated the day on my own, in my own mind. 🤣


I used to say that in my life I lived in the US during the work day and then at night I lived in the UK in my mind, since I watch lots of British TV programs


Many in the US celebrate Kwanzaa (December 26 - January 1).  You can read about it at the link: 

https://www.almanac.com/content/when-is-kwanzaa


I became acquainted with Kwanzaa during my years as a weekend volunteer at the  museums.  If my volunteer weekend in late December happened to fall on Kwanzaa we would celebrate it with visitors, staff, and other volunteers. 

As a Cuban (Cuban-American) I grew up celebrating the holidays until January 6, Dia de Los Reyes Magos.

https://cuban-christmas.com/3kings.html

(Now, as a kid, I always received presents from both Santa Claus on December 25 and then the Three Kings on January 6)



This has been a solitary holiday season for many, myself included, because of COVID-19.  But we all know that it is the right thing to do, for our own health and the health of others.  

My two favorite actors favored us with unexpected gifts this Holiday Season


Photo by An Le

Richard Armitage with a lovely Audible Q&A. Below is a bit of the almost 30 minute interview:




Sean Bean as Mr. Wilford surprised us with a familiar, yet unexpected, holiday poem:





 


Happy Holidays to Richard and Sean🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...