Wednesday, July 27, 2011

European Film Gateway Goes Online - and Patsy Cline's House Opens to Visitors - Film, Music and Museum News







Alain Delon and Monica Vitti


The European Film Gateway

The European Film Gateway (EFG) went online on July 26.  The website will give  film lovers and film historians access to European film archives, photos, newsreels, posters, rare documents and much more. Researchers will have easy access to 16 archives that hold the original documents, photos, or film.  The EFG website can be read in three languages: German, English, and Italian.  


The European Film Gateway:


http://www.europeanfilmgateway.eu/




Patsy Cline

Patsy Cline's House:


Visitors to Winchester, Virginia, can now visit The Patsy Cline Historic House  opening on August 2. The Country Music legend lived in the house from her teens to late 20's. Patsy Cline died in a plane crash in 1963 at the age of 30.















Thanks to ArtDaily.com, Yahoo, and Associated Press

6 comments:

  1. EFG is pretty interesting. I love that!

    Oh I saw your boy Armitage last night in Cap'n USA!! He is only in it for like 5 mins!! Shocking

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Custard I know, how can he only be in CA for so short a time! I need to buy the DVD so I can see him in slow motion :) :)

    Isn't it great! Love the old newsreels and photos on EFG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the acorntv heads-up! I wonder if they'll get the whole british television catalogue on there at some point. If so, I'd be willing to sign-up. Have you signed-up for the free trial?

    And also, thanks about the news about Patsy Cline. I used to love her!! I can't believe she was only 30 when she died. I didn't realize that. How young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @calexora I haven't signed up yet for the free trial with Acorn TV, thinking about it still. Same for me, if they have programs that haven't been shown in the US, or ones that likely won't be, I think I might be willing to sign up. If it's she same Acorn group, they used to have a catalog of UK shows and documentaries for many years.

    Yes, so young Patsy Cline, she had a wonderful voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. RA should have had more screen time- but what was there was good-
    Love Patsy Cline have tons of her music I vaguely remember the news talking about it on tv when it happened-- I was 4-

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jo Hi! Agree, not enough of RA and Heinz.

    Lovely to know you are a Patsy Cline fan! Thank you so much for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...