Saturday, February 13, 2021

Favorite Narrator: My Top 20 Richard Armitage Audiobooks (2006-2020)







 I was looking through my Audible library this week checking my two new Richard Armitage narrated books.  I'm just starting the new David Hewson book, happy that author and narrator (Hewson/Armitage) are collaborating again.  The new C.J. Tudor book I plan to start in March, part of my 2021 Audiobook Challenge.  But I couldn't help but notice all the Armitage Audiobooks in my Audible library, and also a few that I've read/listened to that are not there. I also have several CD's of Armitage narrated audiobooks, dating back to 2006.  

My audio library list review prompted me to start my personal top  RA audiobooks list: 


My Top 20 Audiobooks Narrated by Richard Armitage

(2006-2020)

                         

1.    Lords of the North by  Bernard Cornwell

2.    David Copperfield  by Charles Dickens

3.     Hamlet, Prince of Denmark: A Novel by A. J. Hartley and David Hewson 

4.     The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde  by Robert Louis Stevenson

5.     Venetia by Georgette Heyer

6.     *His & Hers: A Novel  by Alice Feeney

7.     *The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter 

8.     *A Nearly Normal Family by M.T. Edvardsson

9.      The Jackman &Evans book series by Joy Ellis (Read books in order)

10.     The Other People by C.J. Tudor

11.     *The Other Queen: A Novel  by Philippa Gregory

12.      The Chekhov Collection of Short Stories by Anton Chekhov

13.     Robin Hood: The Siege  by Simon Guerrier  (Big Finish)

14.     The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie

15.     The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer

16.    The Man from St. Petersburg by Ken Follett

17.     The Hiding Place (The Taking of Annie Thorne) by C.J. Tudor

18.      Bedlam by L.J. Ross

19.      The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

20.      Romeo and Juliet: A Novel by David Hewson 


* Narrated by Richard Armitage and additional narrator(s)



I believe Richard Armitage has over 50 audiobooks (audio plays, and podcasts included) as of this moment.  And a new project announced today.  But I thought 20 was a good number to start out with.

I love Richard's voice and performance in all his audiobooks and learned from them all. I've discovered new genres I hadn't explored before. I just mean these are my top 20 favorites for various reasons at this particular moment in time. 

Richard has more audiobooks just published in 2021 and I have just started listening to the new David Hewson book he narrated (see my post on my Audiobook 2021 Challenge).  And there are also some audiobooks I haven't listened to because they are not available in the US, or not yet, and some that have just become available.  I do sometimes buy the CD's for these, but sometimes I wait to see if Audible will eventually have them.  What I'm trying to say is, this list of my top 20 favorites is ever changing with new Armitage Audiobooks.  

I also have not included the children's books and the Love Poems and Meditations because to me they belong in a separate categories.  Also the audio plays with Big Finish and podcasts (Wolverine) belong in a separate category.  

I'm looking forward to starting Gallifrey - Time War 4 (Big Finish) soon, downloaded and ready for listening.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...