Monday, June 18, 2018

New Richard Armitage Fan Challenge Day 9




I - What made you come out as a fan and participate in the fandom online?

I had already participated quite a bit in another fandom online for several years, so it was not difficult for me to decide to participate online in the RA fandom once I decided to join in.   

For the most part I find it part of the fun of being a fan.  And the "big fan moments" (Hobbit premieres, NIFF2018, to mention a few) that we've all shared together online as it's happening, and still will share in the future, are a wonderful part of being an RA fan.

When Richard joined Twitter I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, knowing how negative and cruel some people are on social media.  But now I'm glad he did, and I hope that he stays, despite some challenging incidents and people. 


Some younger people at work think I'm totally ignorant about social media and sometimes try to explain to me what Twitter is for example.  I just go along with it for the most part. Little do they know...😈

I do use a fan alias on social media for my fandom activities and not my real name.   


J.  Are you outed as a fan among your family and friends?

I would say no, but not because I've failed to mention him on occasion.  They know I've gone to New York to see a film or a play or something related to him, to this actor I like.  Once in a while I've had to mention he's the actor from The Hobbit. But they don't know my fan activity on social media, or at least if they have found out, they haven't mentioned it to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...