Saturday, March 21, 2020

Another Richard Armitage Challenge! Social Distancing Edition #1


Here I am having conquered my first week of total social distancing.  My workplace has moved to all virtual online and we have all been sent home to telework.  It has been a strange adjustment for me since part of my work is interacting with people on a daily basis.  But hey, it's given me a chance to start to catch up on all those "end of the school year" spreadsheets I always put off until the last minute.

But I will admit that in my free time when not teleworking I probably have an advantage over other people since I'm an introvert and very used to being on my own and finding my own amusements. I have books to read and listen to, TV shows and movies to watch and catch up with, and my blog that I've often neglected. 

One thing I always find irresistible, though I don't know why, is these fandom challenges.  So how timely that Richard Armitage fandom blogger Guylty Pleasure has come up with a new and challenging challenge.  

If you want to know more about her challenge click on the link below:

https://guylty.net/2020/03/15/ready-for-a-challenge-adc/

So here goes question #1 "Which Series would you like to have seen a sequel of?"

I would like to have seen a sequel to Sparkhouse.  

I love John Standring and always wondered what happened to him?  Did he stay with Carol?  Did Carol ever appreciate him?  Did they have children since John wanted kids?  If they didn't stay together, did he remain a good father figure to Lisa?  If he and Carol didn't stay together, did he find happiness with someone else or find peace on his own?


Richard Armitage as John Standring in Sparkhouse


Yes, I realize the Sparkhouse series is based on Wuthering Heights.  But I don't see a reason why there couldn't have been a second series that took the characters, especially John, in a different direction.  Or even if they continued to be inspired by Wuthering Heights and what happens to Heathcliff (Carol) in the novel.  As long as we continued the story of John Standring I would have been interested in that sequel also.

#######################


And what a great treat today from Digital Spy:








2 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally missed this. Thank you to Servetus for alerting me - and thank you to you for taking up the challenge. Hooray, another Sparkhouse lover! I completely agree with you; I have all those questions, too. And as you said, I don't care it is based on a story that is somewhat finite - there is still room for developing John's story further.
    Thank you for the link love - and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello - Thank you for creating the challenge! I look forward to tackling all the questions. Thank you for your comment. Take care and stay safe too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...