Sunday, March 6, 2011

Nobody Expects the French Revolution

Jacques-Louis David


Ventôse 2011


It's been at least a decade that I've been trying to finish Simon Schama's " Citizens: A Chronicle of the French Revolution".  You see, the period between the American Revolution, French Revolution, through the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo is my favorite historical period.  I know just enough about it all to get into trouble in any discussion, but not enough to intelligently discuss it.  For some reason that love an interest is not enough to get me through Schama's great book, though I still pick it up now and again and read on. One day I'll finish it and open a bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne to celebrate.

In the meantime I dip in and out of books and blogs on those historical and hysterical times. Since we are now it seems in such a revolutionary time I thought I would share this website with others that may have the same interests or curiosity but find the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars so difficult to grasp.




To see the rest of the videos about the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars go to the link below:

http://www.khanacademy.org/?video=french-revolution--part-1#History

Jacques-Louis David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...